Friday, August 17, 2007

Visitor in my dream.

Last night I had such a wonderful dream. It was one of those dreams were you are watching stuff happen, yet at the same time it felt so real. I walked into a large room, it was dark with lots of people sitting around. I walked up to a man sitting in a chair, maybe it was a rocking chair. I walked right up to him, and he stood up, tall, old and frail, but so happy. He smiled and hugged me so hard, I felt it in my sleep. It was my Pawpaw.

I don't remember him speaking, but that hug, I can still feel it. His parents, my great-grandparents, were also there, sitting in chairs; they waved at me. Then the dream changed and it was Christmas and the extended family was getting ready to sit down for a big meal. I felt so happy we were all together, that Pawpaw was there. I don't remember much after that.

I've never dreamed about someone who has died, so it was very weird. But so good. I just felt so happy this morning, that he was watching out for me, that he is near and it feels so good to know that.

No comments: