Thursday, August 16, 2007

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today was Wednesday, August 16, 2006. One year ago today my Pawpaw died. I believe it was around 6pm in the evening, I remember my mom calling about 6:15 to let me know. I was at home, laying on the couch, literally waiting for the call. He was dying of bone cancer and we all knew he would pass at any time. I had spent the day at work, anxiously waiting, wondering if I would make it through the day before he died.

It seems much longer than a year, yet at the same time, how can it possibly have been an entire year? So much has changed. But that's life, right? Since last year, Tony and I decided to try for a child, I got pregnant, and I lost another grandparent. Now I'm 5 months and having a little girl, due on Christmas Day.

A year without my Pawpaw. It's been very sad, I miss him so much. But I know he's watching over me, and he knows about my baby, and he's watching over her too.

No comments: