Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The "I Have" List

I am a list maker. Grocery store, Target, Mall, things to do, places to go, craft projects, home improvement projects; these are all lists that I make frequently. They are all wish lists in some way. Wishes for a nice home and yard, wishes for good things to eat, wishes for clothes, toys, etc. The goal is to make a list, then cross the item off when I get what I want. Lately I've been having a lot of "I wants". But when I get what I want, I still want more. So I'm making an "I Have" List. These things won't be crossed off; these are things that I wanted and now have, and I need to remember, appreciate and cherish them.

I have a wonderful husband who would and does so much for me!
I have a beautiful daughter that makes me smile and laugh everyday!
I have two sweet kitties that love me even if they never show it and always make a terrible mess in the litterbox.
I have a nice home that we do take care of and improve when we can, a little bit here and there.
I have clothes and shoes to wear everyday.
I have food to cook and eat everyday.
I have yarn to knit and make things with.

I write this not to brag but to thank the Lord for his blessings. We had a wonderful weekend with family and friend and for that I am very thankful!

No comments: